Kentucky PGA Middle School State Championship
Welcome to the information page for the 2021 KPGA Middle School State and Regional Championships. Complete information on the dates, registration process, entry fees, rules of play, and course set-up is listed below. If you have any questions, please contact Golf House Kentucky at (502) 243-8295 ex. 20309.
Regional Dates & Locations: The following facilities will host 9-Hole Regional Championships to determine qualifiers for the KPGA Middle School State Championship. Click on the respective links below to sign up for one of these Regionals online.
- Calvert City CC (Paducah): Sun. Sept. 19th – Starting times at 9:00am
- Iroquois Golf Course (Louisville): Sat. Sept. 18th - Starting times at 1:00pm
- Juniper Hill Golf Course (Frankfort): Sat. Sept. 18th – Shotgun at 3:00pm
- Winchester CC (Winchester): Sat, Sept. 18th – Starting times at 1:00pm
- Eagle Creek Country Club (Dry Ridge – NKY): Sun, Sept. 19th – Starting times at 2:00pm
Field limits and additional information can be found on the Tournament Information page associated with each regional qualifier, and location information is subject to change prior to the opening of event registration on August 4.
State Championship Date & Location: The Middle School State Championships will be held at My Old Kentucky Home Golf Course on Saturday, September 25th. We plan to do a double tee start at 9:30 a.m. EDT.
Registration Deadline: Registration for the KPGA Middle School Regional Championships will open on Wednesday, August 4 at 9:00am Eastern Time. The deadline to register is Wednesday, September 15 at 12:00 p.m. EDT. Each Regional Championship has a maximum capacity, but players may register for any of the Regionals up until the deadline. Links to registration can be found above.
Entry Fees: The cost to participate in the Regional Championships will be $51.50 per player which includes golf, awards, tee gift, and processing fee. Players enter a Regional individually. Players that qualify for the State Championship will pay an additional $61.50 which covers golf, range, awards, lunch, tee gift, and processing fee. If a team wishes to submit a check for entries, they must contact Golf House Kentucky at (502) 243-8295 ex. 20309 for a complete team registration form.
Team Formation & Substitutes: Up to 5 individuals from the same school may combine to form a team. There is no limit on the number of teams from each school, and teams can consist of any combination of boys and girls. To complete team registration, each individual must register for the same Regional individually. Once all players are registered, the Coach should send an e-mail to email@example.com with a list of players on each team by Monday, September 13 at Midnight Eastern Time. Teams must consist of at least 4 players to compete in the Regional Competition. Substitutes for qualified teams will be allowed for the State Championship, but any substitute must have played in a Middle School Regional or a Kentucky PGA Junior Tour event during the 2021 season.
Competition Rules: The following Rules apply to all Middle School Championships:
- Maximum score is +4 on each hole.
- Caddies are not allowed.
- Players must walk and carry or push cart their clubs at all times.
- Girls will play from tees set at approximately 85% of the yardage played by boys.
- Designated coaches must obtain and display an arm band or badge that is clearly displayed at all times.
- Non-Certified Coaches may only talk to players between the putting green and the teeing ground on the next hole, and they are not allowed to talk to players during the play of the hole. Certified coaches may talk to their team members during the play of the hole without interfering with pace of play expectations.
- Coach’s Certification sessions will be held prior to each Regional and State Championship event.
- Parents and spectators may not coach the players, give advice, or provide rulings during play.
- Parents and spectators must keep their distance from the players by remaining on the cart path at least 30 yards from the players at all times except when delivering food or drink.
- Pace of play expectations are 2 hours and 15 minutes for 9 holes including Par 3s in 12 minutes, Par 4s in 15 minutes, and Par 5s in 18 minutes while maintaining position (seeing next group on hole when reaching teeing ground) with the group in front of them.
- Only designated Rules Officials may give rulings to the participants at the request of the player.
- Individuals interested in serving on the Rules Committee at a Regional should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Team Scoring: The Regional Championships will consist of 9-holes of stroke play at each host location. Team scores will use the best 4 of 5 individual scores. There is no limit on the number of teams representing the same school.
Regional Qualifiers: Each Regional will be guaranteed a spot in the State Championship for the low 2 teams, low 2 boys individual not on a qualifying team, and low girls 2 individual not on a qualifying team. Additionally, the next 4 lowest individual scores (regardless of gender) not on a qualifying team from each regional will qualify for the State Championship. A total of 10 teams and 40 individuals not on qualifying teams will advance to the State Championship. All ties for the final qualifying spot (team and individual) will advance to the State Championship.
State Championship Team Scoring: The State Championship will consist of 18-holes of stroke play. Team scores will use the best 3 of 5 individual scores. The first tiebreaker in the team competition will be the 4th best score from the team. If there is still a tie for the 1st Place Team after the first tiebreaker, a sudden death playoff using the best 3 scores will be conducted. Otherwise, the USGA recommended method for breaking ties will be used.
State Championship Individual Tie Breakers: A tie for 1st Place by individuals will be settled by a sudden death playoff. If a playoff is not an option because of course availability or current conditions, the USGA recommended method for breaking ties will be used for all places.
Any questions on these guidelines should be referred to Michael Vick, PGA at Golf House Kentucky by calling (502) 243-8295, ext. 20309.